How To Pray For Our Students This School Year
I don’t know about you, but I love this time of year. There is a lot going on! It is busy, exciting and all brand new. For our students, this time of year is anticipated and dreaded. As a brand-new school year starts, I wanted to give you some specific things to pray for our students (elementary through college).
- Pray for strengthened faith
- Pray for endurance under pressure
- Pray for joy in the varied circumstances
- Pray for increased love for God and others
- Pray for maturing of character
- Pray for development in spiritual leadership
- Pray for godly friends
- Pray for impact of outside influences (teachers, coaches, etc.)
- Pray for growing appetite for spiritual things
- Pray for emotional, mental, and physical health
- Pray for the adjustments (new school, new grade, different teachers, safety precautions, etc.)
- Pray for their families
- Pray for their teachers
College Students: In addition to the above-mentioned prayer requests, there are a few things specifically that apply to our college students. Whether living at home or away from home, this age is pivotal in their spiritual formation into adults. Here are some things to pray for our college students:
- Pray for consistency in their personal walk with Christ
- Pray for commitment to a local church
- Pray for stability away from home
- Pray for future direction: career, marriage, etc.
- Pray for a growing independent faith
To all our students, PreK through college senior, we are praying for you. May this year be a year of spiritual growth and good memories.